Friday, July 30, 2010

Looking For Participants!!

I have been toying with the idea of doing a OOTP historical replay with reader participation. This is how it would work: I would play out the 1901 season but starting in 1902 I would import ONE fictional rookie per year with this person being a reader of this blog. The reader would submit his full name with a non-offensive original nickname. Choose a realistic name if you would like to remain anonymous. You would then be able to follow your career and compare how you do to the all-time greats. ...and yes you will have a photo as I will create a fictional photo through the game using FaceGen.

As I have only 32 current followers of this blog, I would allow up to 2 entries per person. I would also ask for help in spreading the word for sign ups.

Debut years would be on a first come first serve basis but the earlier years would be better so the replay could get under way. I will also create the player with attributes that would hopefully lead to a longer career.

I need sign ups using the following template and I will sign up first for 1902:

Debut Year: 1902
Name: Chris Dungan
Nickname: "Dugie"
Primary Position: 2B
Secondary Position: SS
Birthday: 8/6
Height: 5'8
Weight: 160
Number: 22
Origin: Elgin, Illinois
Bats: R
Throws: R

I will update the debut years as the sign ups progess....hopefully progress!

Play Ball!!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Count me in. Should I post the sign up template here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tony. Yes...you can just post the template here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go.
    Debut Year: 1902
    Name: Tony McDonald
    Nickname: "Mac"
    Primary Position: RF
    Secondary Position: 1B
    Birthday: 4/10
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 160
    Number: 26
    Origin: Newport, UK
    Bats: R
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got it...I'll have you debut in 1902 & I will take 1903.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! I love OOTP but haven't played in a while. Maybe watching my player progress will encourage me to get back to playing again. Thanks.

    Debut Year: 1904
    Name: Greg Layton
    Nickname: "Grogg"
    Primary Position: LF
    Secondary Position: RF
    Birthday: 1/10
    Height: 6'7
    Weight: 265
    Number: 34
    Origin: Manhattan, KS
    Bats: R
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    Debut Year: 1905
    Name: Steve Gierman
    Nickname: "Gears"
    Primary Position: C
    Secondary Position: RF
    Birthday: 10/21
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 255
    Number: 3
    Origin: Oak Lawn, Illinois
    Bats: R
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in!
    Debut Year: 1906
    Name: Cam Hartman
    Nickname: "Hartless"
    Primary Position: SS
    Secondary Position: 3B
    Birthday: 3/13
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 185
    Number: 9
    Origin: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
    Bats: R
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds way cool. I'll jump in.

    Debut Year: 1907
    Name: Mike Gee
    Nickname: "Basher"
    Primary Position: 3B
    Secondary Position: C
    Birthday: 7/7
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 195
    Number: 00
    Origin: Elgin, Illinois
    Bats: S
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  9. this could be fun.

    Debut Year: 1908
    Name: Dan Rauer
    Nickname: "The Leaping Lizard"
    Primary Position: CF
    Secondary Position: RF
    Birthday: 8/7
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 160
    Number: 19
    Origin: Bensalem, Pennsylvania
    Bats: S
    Throws: R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debut Year: 1909
    Name: Matthew Glidden
    Nickname: "Spike"
    Primary Position: 1B
    Secondary Position: LF
    Birthday: April 3
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 180
    Number: 5
    Origin: Madison, WI
    Bats: L
    Throws: L

    ReplyDelete

 

Baseball Uniforms is a Free Blogger Template